The film “Horse Whisperer” (1998) is about the young girl Grace (Scarlett Johanssen) and her horse Pilgrim. After a dramatic accident both are completely traumatized and a cure seems to be hopeless.
After an accident during a ride in the snow the young girl and her horse get hurt and traumatized. The vet advices Graces mother (Kristin Scott Thomas) to euthanize the horse. The mother however wants to avoid a further traumatic event for her daughter. Together with her daughter and Pilgrim she drives to a ranch in Montana to meet the famous horse whisperer Tom Booker (Robert Redford).
The cure takes long time and Tom cannot guarantee a success. He tries to convince the completely traumatized and cold Grace that he needs her help for the work with the horse. Only she is able to get back the trust of the traumatized animal. After a long and eventful summer Grace and her mother have to go back to their home town New York City.
The movie is a real must have for all horse fans! Even if it has some schmaltzy parts it completely catches the attention of the viewer.
Buy the film at amazon.
- Evaluation: 6,4 (from 10 possible points)
- Starring: Scarlett Johanssen (Grace), Robert Redford (Tom), Kristin Scott Thomas (the mother Annie)
- Produced by: Robert Redford
- Music by: Thomas Newman
- This film may be seen by people over 6 years
- Year of release: 1998
- Length: 163 minutes
- Movie tip: Spirit- Stallion of the Cimarron
- Movie tip: Hidalgo- the famous racing horse is running for honor and reputation
- Movie tip: Seabiscuit
—All statements without guarantee—