“Ocean of Fire” race
The Sheikh Riyadh (Omar Sharif) asks the rider Frank Hopkins to participate at the famous annual “Ocean of Fire” race through the desert of Arabia. It is 3000 miles long and a real struggle for survival- every year several participants die. The Sheikh heard about the reputation of Hopkins and his mustang Hidalgo and wants to make sure that he and his own horse are better. The participation of a non pure-bred Arabian horse is a real sensation because normally the race is restricted to these horses only.
Hopkins decides to join the race. The Arabian Desert offers plenty of challenges and dangers. Moreover Hopkins and Hidalgo have to deal with hostile intrigues of other competitors who try to destroy any changes of a winning for the roughies.
The biggest part of the movie takes place in the Arabian Desert. Therefore it offers many beautiful and impressive pictures of the unique landscape.
- Evaluation: 6.6 (from 10 possible points)
- Starring: Viggo Mortensen (Frank Hopkins), Omar Sharif (Sheikh Riyadh), Adam Alexi-Malle (Aziz)
- Produced by: Joe Johnston
- Music by: James Newton Howard
- The film may be seen by people over 12 years
- Year of release: 2004
- Length: 132 minutes
If you prefer to buy the movie just check amazon.
- Movie tip: The Horse Whisperer- drama and love story
- Movie tip: Spirit- Stallion of the Cimarron
- Movie tip: Seabiscuit
—All statements without guarantee—